Having spent 3 quarters of the year taking photographs for my final assignment, I have now started to explore how I should present them. While I was unsure, at first, about what my final outcome would be, I thought that it would be better if I didn't restrict myself by 'looking' for the types of shot that I needed for the outcome that I wanted. After all, I hadn't focussed my attention on such a specific location for this amount of time. I didn't know what type of photographs were possible.
However, now I have a much clearer understanding of how the landscape is behaving. During my visits to the location, I was very aware that to show transition I needed to take similar viewpoints over the period of time. This meant that I had to take over a hundred photos each time, because some would be more successful than others as a series of images.
Therefore, I had to ensure that I organised them efficiently, so that they could be easily compared. My previous work on Digital Photographic Practice ensured that I regularly deleted similar images that were not showing transition. I had taken some chances with how the landscape might change, some images weren't showing the visual impact that I was hoping for.
Adobe Lightroom enables me to edit, label and archive images in the same place. This makes it easier for me to compare images that were taken months apart, amongst hundreds of others. There is a book making facility within Lightroom, which links to Blurb. I have started to experiment with different page layouts and image arrangements, to see which images are working well. This will then enable me to identify specific shots that I need. Below is a possible front cover for the book.